Our Kids

Our Kids

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July Fun!

We really enjoyed our holiday weekend because Bill was off from work for 4 days. It was so nice! We relaxed a little here and there (I slept in a couple of mornings) but most of the weekend was spent helping Nana and Pop move into their new house, going to the pool, and attending a July 4th celebration in Powhatan. Nana and Pop are finally moved into their new house and we already LOVE the short commute. Bill and I took turns this weekend helping them move around furniture and boxes and I helped my mom unpack the kitchen on Saturday. Yesterday, we went to a July 4th event in Powhatan put on by a woman at my parent's church. All the proceeds went to an organization called Together for Tanzania. We had so much fun. The setting was beautiful on a pond, there were 2 bands, a magic show and awesome fireworks. The fireworks lasted forever and were right over our head. They were some of the best fireworks I've seen in Richmond. Madelyn loved them and Ellie slept the entire time! The event lasted longer than I expected so we didn't get home until after 11. However, it was well worth it and everyone slept in the next morning. I was shocked!
Ellie chilling with her paci as always!
Getting ready to go to the July 4th event in Powhatan!

Madelyn loved getting her face painted!

So excited!


Ellie enjoying the scenery and music!

Our family on July 4th!

Madelyn hanging out on the blanket with her Daddy. Madelyn did awesome with the potty at the event and went in her pink potty in the back of our van. I refused to take her in the port-o-potty so we came up with our own little bathroom. We were so proud of her because there were no accidents and we were there for a while!

Taking a walk down to the pond with Nana





Watching the magic show with Pop. It only kept Madelyn's attention for a couple of minutes.


Watching fireworks with Nana. Madelyn was so excited and giggled and screamed the entire time. She loved the pink and purple fireworks!


No comments: