Our Kids

Our Kids

Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm a big girl now!

We've had a big week in the McGuire household and I am really happy it's 3:30 on Friday afternoon. On Sunday, we started the potty training process. Madelyn has shown a lot of interest in the potty over the last several months so we decided to take the plunge and get it over with since we have a very busy summer ahead of us. It has been a lot harder than I expected. For some reason, I didn't realize how messy it can get:) We have been bribing with M&M's and stickers and she got a Strawberry Shortcake doll after the first day for doing so well. We told her that we threw away all the diapers and she started wearing underwear during the day and hasn't turned back since. However, during the night, we have her wear a nightime pull-up. We are on Day #6 and she is doing really well with #1. She hasn't had an accident in 2 days and we have been out and about during the day as well and using public restrooms. On the other hand, she still hasn't gone #2 in the potty. She's terrified to go so we'll see how long that will take. I have been pretty frazzled all week with the potty training, temper tantrums, feeding and taking care of an infant, and Bill being gone just about every night. I am SO happy that it's Friday! We've come a long way in a week and hopefully next week will be even better!

Madelyn takes Strawberry Shortcake on the potty with her for support!
Showing me her new friend, Strawberry Shortcake!

Come on Poop!

The first day of potty training. Bill and I forced her to play in the middle of the hardwood floor. It was pretty hard to keep her off the furniture and carpets and we had tons of accidents. Not a fun day but we survived!

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I have cute pictures of Tyler from his potty training last week with no pants on playing on the wood floors, too! Yay for no diapers!