Our Kids

Our Kids

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day Tea

Madelyn's preschool class hosted a Mother's Day Tea and it was so special.  My neighbor graciously offered to watch Ellie so it was nice to have some quality time with just Madelyn.  Madelyn was just beaming when I walked into the classroom and the teachers did an awesome job planning our tea and put in so much thought and detail.  Madelyn told me that I had to sit in the chair because everything was for me and showed me all the gifts she had made me for Mother's Day.  She even made me a pink flower to pin on my shirt and a little key chain to add to my key ring along with a ton of artwork and Hershey Kisses in a flower pot.  I absolutely loved spending such a special time celebrating Mother's Day with my sweet Madelyn!

One of my favorite gifts was her picture and hand prints with a quote saying "Mothers hold their children's hand for a while, but their hearts forever".  So true!

Our  place setting decorated when we arrived.  You can see the pink cookies, flower pot, key chain, art work.  So cute!

Me and my sweet Madelyn on our special day.  I loved my pink flower!

The paper tablecloth even had her hand print!

I'm not sure if this is too blurry but Madelyn answered some questions about us!

It said:

Mommy and Me

My Mommy and I like to play coloring.
My Mommy and I eat Turkey Sandwiches.
My Mommy and Me like to go to birthday parties.
My Mommy is 64 years old.  I mean 34.
My Mommy's favorite thing to do is to watch shows with me.
My Mommy's favorite color is green.
My Mommy's favorite sport is baseball.
I love it when Mommy makes necklaces with me.
If I had one wish for Mommy it would be to go on a trip.

Happy Mother's Day Mommy!

I love you!

Madelyn

No comments: