Our Kids

Our Kids

Monday, August 6, 2012

Exploring Belle Isle

Last week, Bill's cousin and his girls visited us from CT.  It was a fun surprise to hear that they were going to be passing through town.  During their visit, we decided to head downtown to Belle Isle.  I had never taken the girls there and figured this was the perfect day to explore since Brian and his crew like the outdoors and I would have lots of hands to help.  It was a lot of fun walking around the island and the kids loved playing on the rocks.  Ellie was a little scared at first (she takes a while to warm up to new things) but enjoyed the rocks once she figured out I wasn't putting her in the water.  After Belle Isle, I took our guests on a little tour of downtown Richmond and we ended the morning meeting Bill for lunch at Bottoms Up.  We really enjoyed seeing Brian, Chloe and Taylor and hope that they come back again next year on their East Coast Summer Tour!

Madelyn loved walking on the bridge to Belle Isle!


Taking a break on Cousin Brian's shoulders!

None of them look too happy about me taking a picture!

My girls on a little hike!


Grilled Cheese at Bottoms Up Pizza?  Only my picky girls would turn down Bottoms Up Pizza!

No comments: