Our Kids

Our Kids

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

S'mores and Lights!

It actually felt like Winter this past weekend and the thought actually crossed my mind that I miss the pool and the beach.  However, I do love this time of year but once January hits, I'm counting the days until March 1st.  On Saturday night, we celebrated Christmas early with my Dad's side of the family and it was so nice seeing my cousin and her kids.  The kids had a lot of fun playing with Eli and Luca and the highlight of the night was making s'mores on the Costley's fire pit in the backyard.  The kids loved roasting marshmallows and running around the Commons area.  My parents and my Aunt and Uncle now live 3 doors down from each other which has been a lot of fun and makes getting together very easy. 

On Sunday night, Bill and I thought it would be fun to go to the GardenFest of Lights.  We went out for an early dinner and then headed over to Lewis Ginter.  It was a fun family outing with just the 4 of us but it was definitely cold and a little crowded.  I wish I had better photos from our night but I couldn't get my camera to work well with the lights.  Overall, the kids had a good time running around the Children's Garden through the mazes and little houses.  Since we ate such an early dinner, they were starving when we got home so they had pancakes in their pajamas before bed.  The next morning, they both slept until almost 8:30 which was amazing.  Going to bed with a full belly may be a good plan when we want to sleep in the next morning!

Ellie and Baby Joshua.  Ellie sat so still while holding him and actually sat with him for a while. She loved every minute of it!


Madelyn and Ellie with their cousins (Eli, Madelyn, Ellie, Luca, Cora and Joshua)

Having fun with Uncle Harold!

Heading outside for S'mores!

Silly Luca!

Ellie roasting her marshmallow!

Ellie staying warm with Pop!
Ellie and her buddy, Uncle Sam.  She told us the other day that Sam is her Best Friend!

What a fun night!

Daddy and his girls!

Love my girls!

Ellie running around the maze!

Bill annoyed because I made them stop during the maze to take a picture!

Madelyn enjoying a cookie in one of the little houses!



No comments: