Our Kids

Our Kids

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend

I'm not going to lie and say that Easter 2013 was wonderful because it was just the opposite.  Ellie came down with a little tummy bug on Friday morning and Bill ended up spending his entire 3-day weekend at home (what a good husband and daddy).  Ellie and Daddy enjoyed some quality time together at home while Madelyn and I enjoyed the Easter festivities.  On Saturday, our neighborhood had an Easter Egg Hunt and Brunch and it was a big success. We had a good amount of kids from the neighborhood attend as well as some kids from the surrounding neighborhoods.  The kids had a blast and the adults enjoyed mimosas, coffee and yummy food.  Since I was in charge of the egg hunt, we saved some eggs for Ellie so she enjoyed her own little egg hunt in our backyard later that day.  It was a beautiful warm day so I was glad that she was able to spend a little time outside. Easter Sunday was a different story. We thought Ellie was feeling better so we were getting ready to put on Ellie's Easter dress when she got sick again.  Our plans quickly changed and Madelyn, Aunt Doris and I went to Easter Mass (in the cold rain) while Daddy and Ellie stayed home and watched movies.  After mass, Madelyn and I went over to Nana and Pop's house for a delicious lunch and time with family.  It was not what we had planned but we made the best out of our Easter 2013!
Only photo we have of Ellie on Easter Sunday!


Madelyn enjoying the Morgan Run hunt!

Judah telling Madelyn which way to go!

Josh's first Easter Egg Hunt!

Love these girls!

We are missing a bunch of kids in this photo but I was glad Aunt Amy got this pic!
Come of the kids going through their eggs!


Ellie enjoying her little Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard! 
You would never know she was sick. On another note, Bill has been working hard on our yard and it shows!
Easter morning finding her basket
Our little chef Madelyn!
Madelyn and I before mass on Easter Sunday
Lots of playing in the house over the weekend! 

No comments: