Our Kids

Our Kids

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Madelyn and Ellie on Ice

I was determined to get Madelyn and Ellie out of the house this morning.  We have had way too many cold days the last couple of weeks and we all needed a morning of fresh air.  Bill and I decided to try ice skating with the girls.  There is an outside rink downtown called RVA on Ice and it is free for Virginia Farm Bureau members so it did not cost us a dime.  It was the perfect winter morning activity.   I had assumed that Ellie would be too young and not interested in ice skating so I figured we would watch from the side.  However, when we found out they had skates her size, she surprised us by wanting to put them on and give it a try.   The girls did not last very long on the ice, but they had a good time and want to do it again sometime.  Bill is great on the ice and was awesome with the girls.  I am not an ice skater and spent my time on the ice holding onto the wall.  If I let go, I was sure I was going to fall and break something since I had a little person holding onto me.  After ice skating, the girls made s'mores by the fire pit and we headed to Bottoms Up Pizza for a yummy lunch! 




















No comments: