Our Kids

Our Kids

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baby Weekend #1

We have enjoyed some fun events preparing for baby Girl McGuire to arrive. Last Saturday, the girls from my bunco playgroup took me out to lunch for a mini-shower in honor of the new baby. We went to Cafe Caturra and it was so much fun and the food was yummy! They invited my mom and sister which made it even more special. It's so nice to have such a great group of friends!

This coming up Saturday, some of my friends from JMU are coming into town for a girls weekend. We are going to get manis and pedis, go out to dinner, and catch up. I'm really looking forward seeing everyone!

On another note, we have had an interesting week with Madelyn. I think she has hit her terrible 2's and has decided to fight me on naps every day. Yesterday, she fought me for 2 hours and would not get in her crib. I used every tactic imaginable and finally gave up! She would have a temper tantrum and climb out of the crib. Actually, I had to catch her because she would throw herself out of the crib head first. Needless to say, I've ordered a bed rail for the convertible crib and we are converting it to a toddler bed as soon as possible. That's just what I need 4 weeks before the baby is due! I guess it's payback because I had a temper as a child:)

Waiting to leave for the bunco playgroup shower. I am 36 weeks pregnant in this picture!
Playing with Madelyn on our 3rd floor. You gotta love Saturday mornings!

The bunco Playgroup at Cafe Caturra. We are missing Kelly C. and three other girls couldn't make it. We missed you Suzanne, Amy and Adrienne.

My sister, mom and I at the lunch. We should have worn more vibrant colors, especially if we all three wore the same color!

No comments: