We have had a fun but interesting week leading up to Christmas vacation. Madelyn came down with a fever, cold and ear infection last Saturday. She bounced back well during the week other than a runny nose but started feeling bad again last night complaining of her ear hurting and running a fever. I also came down with a bad cold this week, but I am feeling much better today.
Despite all of our illnesses, we have managed to do some fun Christmas/Winter activities. Madelyn and I spent the night at Nana and Pop's house on Tuesday night because Bill was out of town all week. Madelyn made Christmas cookies and we had a very relaxing and fun visit. On Friday night and Saturday, we got a ton of snow. We got over a foot of snow which is very odd for Richmond, especially in December. The news said this is the first time we have had over 10 inches in December since 1917. We are so excited to have some snow on the ground for Christmas!
Yesterday, we played in the snow and walked over to our friend's house to do a little sledding. Now looking back, it probably wasn't the best idea because Madelyn came down with a fever and ear ache hours after our snow adventure. However, it was nice to play in the snow and Madelyn really enjoyed riding in the sled. She's still not a fan of the snow and would much rather ride along while Daddy pulled her along like a horse. I'm thinking one of the reasons she seemed uncomfortable yesterday is because her snow suit was very tight (I only had a 12 - 18 month suit because I didn't think it would snow this early). However, the mitten keepers that Grandpa sent down last week worked great. Thanks Grandpa! Her mittens are on in every picture!
We hope Madelyn's ear infection is better by Christmas Eve because we are very excited about Santa coming. Our shopping is done, presents are wrapped, and we are just waiting for the festivities to begin!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment